ANDRE D. DORVAL
- Bristol Probate Judge
Andre D. Dorval, a practicing attorney and life long resident of Bristol resides at 80 Lakewood Circle, Bristol, Connecticut with his wife, Maria. They have two children, Michelle and Amy. Attorney Dorval currently is a sole practitioner with an office at 17 Riverside Avenue, Bristol, Connecticut.
Attorney Dorval was admitted to the Connecticut Bar in October of 1976 and was admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut in 1978. He graduated from the University of Connecticut School of Law in 1976 and from Fairfield University in 1973.
Attorney Dorval is a former president of the Bristol Bar Association and is currently a member of the American, Connecticut Hartford County and Bristol Bar Associations. He is currently a Trustee for St. Ann's Church in Bristol, CT where he also serves as a Member of its Finance Committee. He is a former Vice Chairman of the Bristol Visiting Nurses Association. He is a former Chairman of the Bristol Housing Authority and has formerly served as a Director of the Bristol Community Organization, Inc., Bristol Day Care, Inc. and Bristol Homemakers, Inc. He also has served as a member of the Bristol Board of Education and the St. Paul High School Board of Directors. He is also a former Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors at Community Savings Bank.
Andre D. Dorval, is currently the Judge of Probate for the Region 19 Probate District and has served as a Probate Judge since 1994.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate
- Estate Planning
- Wills & Trusts
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Criminal Defense
- Personal Injury
- Motor-Vehicle Accidents
- Business & Commercial Law
- Connecticut, 1976
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1978
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut
- Fairfield University, Fairfield, Connecticut
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Bristol Bar Association, Past President
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Hartford County Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- Trustee, St. Ann Church, Bristol, CT
- Member, St. Ann Church Finance Committee
- Member, Franco-American Club
- Member, Knights of Columbus
- Vice Chairman, Board of Directors, Bristol Visiting Nurse Association
- Former Vice-Chairman, Community Savings Bank Board of Directors
- Former Chairman, Bristol Housing Authority
- Former Member Bristol Board of Education
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Bristol Homemakers, Inc.
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Bristol Day Care, Inc.
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Bristol Community Organization, Inc.
- Former Member, Board of Directors, St. Paul Catholic High School
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Central Connecticut Medical Management
- Former Member, Bristol-Burlington Health District
- Former Member, Bristol Hospital Personnel Committee
- Former Volunteer Coach, Forestville Little League (Girl's Softball)
- Former Volunteer Coach, Bristol Park Dept. Girls Soccer
- Former Volunteer Coach, St. Ann C.Y.O. Basketball
- Former Mentor, Bristol Public Education System
- Former St. Ann Church Eucharistic Minister